After the new updates of BlackBerry 10.1 were included in most of BB 10 powered smartphones, we wonder what the Canadian Smartphonemaker will bring out next in its 10.2 update. That being said, we know for a fact that BB 10.2 is already in the works. 2013 so far has not been great for the company facing close to $84 million in losses in the second quarter.
The losses have been reported despite the steady increase in revenues and shipments; that being said all these have not deterred the confidence of BB in making its OS better than before.
Mentioned below are few updates that are most likely going to make their way into BB 10.2.
1. USB compatibility is one of the anticipated features. This will allow the users to connect their USB devices directly to a BB 10.2 device and transfer their files.
2. Flurry, a new analytics solution will be a part of the new update. With this solution, the developers will get a chance to understand their customers better and develop better apps through analytics solutions.
3. A new feature called Altimeter will be included, which will help the developers to make apps that need altitude related information. It can either be accessed from Z10 barometer or can also be used to find information about altitude using a GPS.
4. With the updated OS 10.2, BlackBerry is expected to roll out support for their Apps based on Android Jelly Bean. This is expected to result in any top quality apps that can be developed for new Android devices.
5. Headless apps can be run in the background or can be triggered so that it doesn’t actually show up run like a pane.
6. Wi-Fiwill allow users to connect their devices directly eliminating the need of any routers. This will mostly work as a Bluetooth feature but will make use of Wi-Fi radio for higher transfer speed. A related feature called Miracast is also expected to come, which will use Wi-Fi Direct for transmission of high bandwidth.
7. The new BB deviceswith 10.2OS will now have smart card support, which help these devices in acting as access devices for physical rooms and buildings.
8. Gofencing will be another exciting inclusion as part of 10.2 update. This will help the developers in creating apps or responding depending on precise areas that you are in. This feature can be great for securing smart devices that are meant for businesses within any complex.