Some of the most interesting reports coming from Mr. Ming – Chi Kuo suggested that the two new iPhone 6 models (the 4.7 inch iPhone 6 and the 5.5 inch phablet) would make their debut around September and the end of the year, respectively.
However, it seems that even the most trusted Apple rumors source can get wrong: recent news tell us that the two new iPhone 6 models may enter production sooner than anyone expected, only to hit the shelves earlier. What are the facts that support this theory?
longtime Apple partner Foxconn has secured contracts to manufacture both new iPhone models set to launch this year. Foxconn will reportedly begin mass-producing the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 in July, and then it will commence production of the 5.5-inch iPhone phablet the following month in August. The report states that Foxconn will build 70% of Apple’s iPhone 6 handsets in 2014 and 2015, with Pegatron having secured contracts for the remaining 30%.
All of you who are expecting either the fabulous 4.7 inch iPhone 6 or the powerful 5.5 inch phablet have a lot of reasons to be happy hearing these new reports. Since it is obvious that the 4.7 inch iPhone model will sell faster and bigger, the industry watchers assume the two new iPhone 6 models will be released shortly one after another, with the phablet tailing the smaller model.
While everybody said everything that was to say about the specs featured by these upcoming iPhone models, it is useful to remind our readers that the 4.7 inch smartphone sports a completely redesigned case, a new A8 processor and a 1,704 x 960-pixel display. The 5.5 inch iPhone 6 phablet is said to feature the same specs, with a cherry on top: a full HD screen, for the pleasure of all Apple fans out there.
While the rumors regarding Foxconn seem to be very real, we still don’t have official release dates for either of the two new iPhone 6 models. Be it summer, be it fall, one thing is for certain: Apple is aiming high this year in an attempt to give another blow to its archenemy Samsung. And by looking at things from a wider angle, chances are it will succeed too.