A new invention is soon to be global spread: the concept of self-driving cars. The concept of the car was implemented by Lyft Company. John Zimmer, the president of the company, claims that this new product is the future of transportation. The autonomous cars will be exceeding the normal cars driven by humans in no less than five years. Tech firms have been testing this new technology on the streets of Pittsburg, with a human driver on board, ready to intervene if necessary. Lift is working in cooperation with General Motors, who made a big investment to test ride-hailing autonomous cars.
The view of the co-founder, John Zimmer seems to be rather optimistic, and moreover, for others who share the same industry like him, his opinion towards this project does not reflect his colleagues’ view.
Lyft’s president and co-founder, Zimmer claims that more and more people will give up on using personal cars in exchange for the self-driving cars. Owning a car these days is very expensive. Zimmer’s plan is not only good for avoiding unwanted costs, but it’s also helpful for the environment. Without the parking lots, there will be more space for parks and sidewalks. Studies show that a personal car is used only 4 percent of the time. For the rest of 96 percent, the car is parked.
Even if one doesn’t want to buy a self-driving car or he or she never was a Lyft’s client before, this new concept will be life changing for everyone. Zimmer predicts that he will bring on the market The Third Transportation Revolution with his autonomous car concept.
He claims that the first two revolutions were marked by the invention of railroads, canals and the fabrication of cars. He has a very honest belief, arguing that if autonomous companies will offer better service in exchange for less expense, the country will have a harmonious industry.
John Zimmer wants to replace this hybrid network of cars with self-driving cars only. In ten years we will all benefit from this.
Even after the debut of autonomous cars in ten years, Lyft claims that they will still need human drivers. Their number will increase because the cars of the future can only make do with only part of the trips. Drivers will be needed to let the growing market become more prosperous.
Lyft seems to take control over the future of automobiles. What do you think it’s best for the drivers? Do you think that this Zimmer’s concept will have an impact on the environment? Is it safer this way? Think about your needs.
Image source: wikipedia