Worried about updating to Apple latest iOS Software version 6.1.2? No need to worry. A report from last week by Apple has just released iOS 6.1.2. The team member Planetbeing just recently updated via twitter that evasion 1.4 will be later released today with official support of iOS 6.1.2.
This is a great news for those who uses iOS Softwares that have updated version 6.1.2 and wanted to have a jailbreak. Details were provided on how to use it to jailbreak your iDevice of choice. If you have a jailbroken device that has not been updated to iOS 6.1.2, you can avoid getting evasion 1.4. Prior version of evasion, the following devices running iOS 6.1.2 are supported: iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4, and iPad mini, and the 4th and 5th generations of iPod touch.
There is provided step by step process to jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 untethered using evasi0n 1.4. It is posted by iDownloadBlog. Before doing a jailbreak, there are some aspect that must be aware of. Users who want to jailbreak their devices must ensure that the passcode lock on their devices is disabled. In order to do this go to Settings – General – Passcode – Lock – Off. The procedure is identical regardless of using an iPhone, iPad, or Windows or Mac.
• You must first Download evasi0n 1.4 [Window/ Mac/ Linux] and save it on the desktop and run it.
• Second, Connect your iOS device to the computer using USB cable. Make it sure that evasi0n will detects the device.
• After evasi0n detects the device, click on “Jailbreak.” This process will take some time and the device will reboot several times. Please don’t panic.
• After some time, evasi0n will prompt you to unlock the device and tap the Jailbreak icon on the Home screen. Tap the Jailbreak icon only once. Now, the screen will go back and return to the Home screen instantly.
• Once evasi0n tool is done with its work, you can click on the Exit button. However, don’t touch the device now as it needs to complete a few more steps.
• The jailbreak process will finish eventually. After that you can unlock the device and you will notice the Cydia logo on the second page of the Home screen. Give Cydia a couple of minutes to initialize. Once the initialization is complete, the device will re-spring again.
• Open Cydia again, select Hacker. That’s it, your device will now run on jailbroken iOS 6.1.2.