If you are the proud owner of a Gen 2 Moto G unlocked phone, you will be happy to know that Motorola announced the rolling out of the Android 5.0 Lollipop Update for U.S. customers. Curiously enough, the Moto G 2 received this update before any other device and, especially, before Google’s flagship devices, the Nexus 4, 5, 7 and 10.
More importantly, the second – generation Moto X and LG G3 made all the necessary steps towards receiving the final phase of the Lollipop update, but so far, only the Moto G received this blessing. Let’s take a look at the Moto G Android 5.0 Lollipop update and see what it brings.
The Motorola official press release mentions fully detailed benefits of the Android 5.0 Lollipop update, described as
“one of the most significant (update) in recent Android history.”
Let’s see some of the new features you can enjoy after you download the 386.7MB file. The Moto G Android 5.0 Lollipop update comes together with:
- Enhanced design: better colors, fluid animations, new application and system themes, new widgets
- Evolved notifications system and priorities setting improvements
- New interruptions and downtime settings: you have a full range of possibilities of prioritizing your interruptions and tailor their behavior and personalize the way you want your interruptions to function.
- Improved multi – tasking and Recent Apps settings
- Ambient Display: you can see all your new notifications without turning your display fully on, in case it is turned off.
- Motorola Assist and Downtime features: it allows you to choose when you want to be interrupted and when, with the choice of filtering interruptions by setting exceptions.
- Flashlight: always comes in handy
- Share Your Device feature: allows you to set multiple accounts on the same phone.
- Pin a view/app feature: allows you to keep a specific app or screen in view
- Battery panel: it shows you integrated data about your battery life and related estimations
- Smarter Internet connections: it prevents your phone from connecting to a Wi-Fi access point if there is not a verified Internet connection available
- Optimized application performance
- Smart Lock
- Enhanced security: allows you to use a stronger 256-bit key encryption to keep your phone safe.
The good news is that future Moto phones and the Nexus family devices will also receive the same Android 5.0 Lollipop update, while the bad news is that there are no updates available for the first – generation Moto phones. On the bright side, a very wide range of devices powered by the new update are said to be released to the world, so it is only a matter of patience. Enjoy the Moto G Android 5.0 Lollipop update and keep your eyes open to see the new devices rolling out!